Certified Kanban Management Professional - KMP II
What is this course?
Certified Kanban Management Professional – KMP II is a highly interactive two day course accredited by the Lean-Kanban University (LKU) and provides in-depth training in Kanban practices and the principles that underpin the Kanban method. The KMP II: Kanban Management Professional class focuses on the rollout and daily operation of a Kanban system. You will consider what type of Kanban initiative is most appropriate for your organization and how to manage and evolve it over time without trauma. Participants will build upon and consolidate what they have learned in Certified Lean Kanban Foundation – KMP I and learn how to improve agility with asymmetrical commitment and cadences, the details of the recommended Kanban meetings, handling metrics, and setting policy.
What will you learn?
Based on the trainer’s practical experience, participants will learn how to:
- Deal with resistance to WIP limits
- Explain and use asymmetrical commitment
- Implement the rollout phases for a Kanban initiative
- Develop a service orientated approach
- Manage evolutionary change
What will you receive?
- For courses on our public schedule, refreshments before and during the course, including lunch
- Course materials
- Membership of the Lean-Kanban University (LKU)
- Lean-Kanban University (LKU) certificate of course completion
- A digital copy of the book Kanban by David J. Anderson or Kanban From The Inside by Mike Burrows
- KMP status recognition, upon completion of all qualifying classes – See Are there any prerequisites for this course
What topics are covered?
You can expect the following topics to be covered during the course:
- Building an Information Flow: the 7 Cadences
- Feedback loops to improve service delivery
- Commitment and Replenishment
- Kanban Meeting
- Delivery Planning
- Service Delivery Review
- Operations Review
- Risk Review
- Feedback loops to improve service delivery
- Dealing with resistance to WIP limits
- Understand asymmetrical commitment
- Rollout phases for a Kanban initiative
- Proto Kanban
- Discovery Kanban
- Kanban Roles
- Scaling out across an organisation
- Developing a service orientation
- Seeing services
- Kanban Values: a different approach to introducing Kanban
- Definition of the Kanban Method
- Kanban Values
- Evolutionary change v planned change
- Fitness criteria
- Models to Identify Improvement Opportunities
- Managing Bottlenecks
- Understanding Variability
- Removing Delays
- Understand Lead Time
- Managing Economic Costs
Who is this course suitable for?
This course is useful for anyone who wants to be successful using Kanban within their organisation, or anyone who works with teams utilising Kanban. As such, it will benefit anyone who is involved in using Kanban or considering using Kanban. It will be helpful both to those new to Kanban and those who have explored Kanban but now want to consolidate their knowledge in a practical setting. In terms of roles, the course is suitable for Product, Project and Programme Managers, Development Team Members (including but not limited to Architects, Designers, Developers, Testers), Business Analysts and Scrum Product Owners and ScrumMasters who want to enhance their Lean / Agile skillset. Attending the course as a full team offers a real opportunity for the entire team to experience and learn Kanban together and creates an excellent foundation for them to move forward.
Are there any prerequisites for this course?
Attendees must have completed the Certified Lean Kanban Foundation Training – KMP I class
How should you prepare for this course?
Attendees are expected to have read the Kanban book by David J Anderson or Kanban from the Inside by Mike Burrows.
What about exams and certifications?
This course has been accredited by David J Anderson (creator of the Kanban method) and Lean-Kanban University (LKU). This course, following completion of the Lean Kanban Foundation – KMP I: Kanban System Design class, satisfies the Kanban Management Professional (KMP) designation requirement. Attendees will receive the following recognition:
- Digital KMP status certificate attached to Lean Kanban University website profile
- KMP badge on the LKU website
- KMP badge file for use in professional websites, business cards and other locations
- Eligibility for special invitations, discounts, and content only available to LKU members
|Certified Kanban Management Professional – KMP II||London||Wednesday 18th September 2019||2 days||£1145.00 + VAT||£995.00 + VAT (Until Saturday day 17th August 2019)||Register|
|Certified Kanban Management Professional – KMP II||London||Wednesday 30th October 2019||2 days||£1145.00 + VAT||£995.00 + VAT (Until Saturdayday 28th September 2019)||Register|
|Certified Kanban Management Professional – KMP II||London||Wednesday 4 December 2019||2 days||£1145.00 + VAT||£995.00 + VAT (Until Saturday 2 November 2019)||Register|